Dermaplaning Treatment in Colchester
Dermaplaning is a great way to get bright glowing skin.
By using a surgical scalpel, your therapist will gently scrape off the top layer of dull, dead skin cells and vellus hair, to reveal a brighter, more radiant complexion. The treatment should be carried out by our therapist every 3-4 weeks. This allows your skin to complete its rejuvenation cycle fully before you come back for your next appointment.
The benefits are endless:
Manual exfoliation to revel a brighter and even skin tone
Helps reduce scarring
Creates a smooth canvas for applying your makeup
Helps your skin absorb skin care products better, and this allows your products to penetrate further into the skin
Dermaplaning is a highly effective physical exfoliation method, which uses a surgical scalpel to shave away facial peach fuzz hairs and dead surface skin cells. This process stimulates your skin’s natural regeneration mechanisms, leaving a rejuvenated and healthy looking complexion.
Despite the Dermaplaning procedure being quick and painless, with no downtime, patients see amazing results after their treatment. Therefore everyone is turning to dermaplaning as a regular skin restoration treatment. Dermaplaning can have benefits for those who suffer from acne scarring and hyperpigmentation.
Following your treatment, it is important to take good care of your skin so that you can maintain your excellent results. If you follow your Therapists post-treatment advice carefully then you are likely to achieve better and longer lasting results.
Aftercare tips recommended by the experts include:
• Avoid the use of saunas or steam rooms and don’t engage in any strenuous exercise for 24 hours
• Avoid using any products on your face which contain exfoliating ingredients for 24 hours to avoid irritating your skin any further
• Do not wear any makeup for 24 hours
• Do not book in any other facial treatments until 2 weeks after your dermaplaning
• Follow a very simple skincare routine for 2 weeks post-treatment. Cleanse your skin gently using SkinCeuticals Mild Cleaner with using water
• It is important to moisturize with SkinCeuticals your freshly exfoliated skin regularly to rehydrate it. Many patients find that products containing hyaluronic acid, vitamin C and retinol are particularly effective post dermaplaning treatment ask our therapist what we offer.
• Do not rub your skin dry, instead pat it gently
• Avoid the use of any harsh cleaning products
• Avoid using a washcloth, instead just use your clean fingers to cleanse your face
• Steer clear of direct sun exposure for 2 weeks post-treatment and then use a high factor sunscreen (SPF 30+) to protect your delicate facial skin
Sensitive skin: Dermaplaning for rosacea
Rosacea, which leads to inflammation and redness of the face, can be a very embarrassing and bothersome condition. It can also be very persistent and difficult to treat. Dermaplaning can be particularly effective at
reducing the symptoms of rosacea. As dermaplaning is less intense than other treatments, such as microdermabrasion, it is more suited to those with sensitive skin and conditions like rosacea.
It is worthwhile discussing your treatment choices carefully with your doctor before making any decisions. Your doctor will take into account your full medical history and the current condition of your skin, to decide whether or not you are a suitable candidate for dermaplaning.
Dermaplaning and chemical peels: Shave before face mask
Shaving your face using dermaplaning treatment clears away the surface layers of your skin. This enables better absorption of facials, skincare products and serums and chemical peels. Combining dermaplaning with a chemical peel straight after will enable your skin to more deeply absorb the chemicals placed on it. This will ensure that you get better results from your peel. It can also work out more cost effective combining the two treatments, as many MedSpas offer reduced prices when booking double treatments.
How often should you dermaplane?
Dermaplaning is not a permanent solution, so you must continue to have regular treatments to maintain your amazing results. A single dermaplaning session removes around two to three weeks’ worth of dead skin cells and peach fuzz hair.
Experts recommend having a dermaplaning treatment every three to four weeks. Your Therapist will be able to sort out the best treatment plan to fit in with your needs and schedule.
1. Before treatment you will need to fill in the following form so your therapists knows everything about you and your skin to make your treatment the best it can be: